10 June 2021 (Thursday)
All Medical Practitioners of Hong Kong welcome
Introduced on 2 June, the Medical Registration Ordinance (Amendment) Bill seeks to create a new pathway for non-locally trained doctors to practise in Hong Kong, ostensibly to resolve a shortage of doctors in the public sector.
This Forum aims to acquaint doctors with the new pathway and encourage a free exchange of opinions with the Government and the Hospital Authority, before a bill that may change our practice terrain becomes law.
Federation of Medical Societies of Hong Kong
4/F, Duke of Windsor Social Service Bldg
15 Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai
Livestream on Zoom
Dr Cissy YU
President, Hong Kong Women Doctors Association
1. Overview of MRO Amendment*
Prof Sophia CHAN Siu-chee JP
Secretary for Food and Health, HKSAR
2. Impact of Special Registration on public healthcare manpower and service
Dr Deacons YEUNG Tai-kong
Director (Cluster Services), Hospital Authority of Hong Kong
3. Impact of the new portal of entry on non-locally trained medical graduates planning to assimilate by examination
Dr CHEUNG Hon Ming
President, Association of Licentiates of Medical Council of Hong Kong
* to be confirmed
Dr KWOK Po Yin Samuel
President, Association of Private Medical Specialists of Hong Kong
Dr LAM Tzit Yuen David
Chairman, Medical Conscience
- Pre-registration is required for both physical and virtual attendance.
- 50 physical seats are available on a first come, first served basis to registrants who have had their first COVID-19 vaccine shot beforehand (per venue provider’s request).
- Zoom meeting links are emailed to registrants immediately after registration.
- This Forum will be conducted in Cantonese.