17 June 2021
Around one in three adults will experience herpes zoster (HZ) in their lifetime. To reduce the risk of developing HZ, postherpetic neuralgia and other severe complications, vaccination is recommended for individuals aged 50 or above.
This Webinar reviews HZ presentation and management, the live attenuated vaccine, and a new recombinant subunit (non-live) vaccine. Safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy concerns are addressed in a Q&A session among colleagues.
An update on clinical manifestations, management and prevention of herpes zoster
Dr WONG Tin Yau, Andrew
Specialist in Infectious Disease
Honorary Consultant, Infectious Disease Centre, Department of Medicine & Geriatrics, Princess Margaret Hospital
Neurological complications of herpes zoster infection
Prof WONG Ka Sing, Lawrence
Specialist in Neurology
Emeritus Professor, Department of Medicine & Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Dr KWOK PO Yin, Samuel
President, Association of Private Medical Specialists of Hong Kong
Dr WAI Yuk Chun, Veronica
Chair, Education Subcommittee, Association of Private Medical Specialists of Hong Kong
- CME questions will be posted at the end of the webinar
- The webinar will held via Zoom. Login and password of the webinar will be emailed to you instantly when you register online.
- Please register with your FULL NAME to facilitate CME registration.
Enquiry: 3893 6222 (WhatsApp/call)
- Hong Kong College of Paediatricians: 1 point for Cat E passive
- The Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeons: complete the form Application for Non-FCAA CME/CPD Accreditation Fellow downloaded from https://www.hkcos.org.hk/FG_Forms.asp, which should be submitted to College Secretariat directly, together with attendance proof, including (1) screenshot of the event (2) screenshot of the auto confirmation reply received after post-event survey